10 MC 8004
Yellville, AR 72687
for Ron Dana, Asst. Fire Chief
911 for Emergencies
Cancellation of the 2021 BBQ Picnic
This popular event was officially cancelled for 2021 by the Board of Directors at their April 21 quarterly meeting. Other PMVFD activities also may be cancelled or modified to halt the spread of the Coronavirus. Look for information posted on this website, the sign at Station 1 and the bulletin board outside of the Training and Events Center. Please follow the official guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks. These guidelines are issued by the Arkansas Department of Health at healthy.arkansas.gov website.
Election of Board Members
At their annual meeting on October 21, 2020, PMVFD Members elected Chris Lavine and re-elected Roy Golightly and Mike Peterson to the Board of Directors.
Open Burning Information
Some homeowners in our fire district have asked what they should do BEFORE they start open burning of brush piles, leaves and yard waste. Here are some suggestions from Doug Hagee, Fire Chief:
- Notify MC Sheriff's Dept 870-449-4236 & AR Forestry 800-830-8015
- The property owner must light the fire and BE PRESENT during the burn
- Don't burn if windy or when burn ban signs are up (click top of this page)
- Burning of household trash or manmade materials is illegal
- Take precautions to ensure containment of fire or you could be liable
- Be carefule when burning around structures
- Be sure fire is completely out before leaving the burn area
- IMMEDIATELY phone MC Dispatcher (911) if fire gets out of control
- If you have questions, phone Doug Hagee or Ron Dana
- Ph Doug 479-206-0350 or Ron 870-656-8870 if you need help
Note to homeowners who have an emergency generator
In the event of a structure fire, the power company will turn off the electrical power to the building. However, many emergency generators start automatically when the power is cut and will continue to provide power to the structure. If you have a self-starting, emergency generator, please alert responding firefighters of its existence. If you can
safely shut the generator off, please do so.
2021 Fire Dues(membership fees) of $50 were payable January 1. Members who have paid the annual fee receive fire protection services at no additional cost. Non-members will likely be charged for fire services at hourly rates established by the state of Arkansas for VFD personnel and equipment.